Thank You For Considering Employment With Homrich Berg
We are always seeking bright, motivated individuals to join our team. At Homrich Berg you will find the opportunity to build your financial career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a diverse firm that prides itself on positively impacting the community through our innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
Over 90 HB financial professionals serve our clients in forty states from our three offices in metro Atlanta. Each person on our team values open communication, original thinking, and teamwork. We emphasize individual development even as we all work together as a team to accomplish a shared mission for our clients, firm, and one another.
HB provides a unique combination of the financial expertise and scale of a large firm and the fun entrepreneurial culture of a small client-focused firm. We “work hard and play hard” and we all enjoy being part of the HB family.
We believe that families and institutions deserve unbiased advice from dedicated financial professionals who serve with trust, integrity, and confidentiality at the core. Our clients’ interests guide everything we do, and our goal is to help them achieve their unique goals via a long-term trusted advisor relationship.
Employment inquiries may be submitted for the below positions and will be considered based on availability.
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter that states why you would be a good fit for the position and the compensation range you wish to discuss.
(Please note that the application window for our Summer Internship Program is January 1st to February 15th. During that window the Intern job posting will be available and resumes/cover letters can be submitted for consideration.)
Description of PositionHomrich Berg seeks an Investment Specialist to become a member of our team. This position serves to support the Investment Department focusing on the functions of alternative investment fund administration, research projects, and general support to the Chief Investment Officer. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Processing and tracking private alternative investment subscription paperwork for clients and working closely with client service teams to ensure accuracy
- Act as a liaison between Homrich Berg and alternative investment managers for fund reporting and updates
- Support to Investment Analysts through investment projects including muni and corporate bond sourcing and reconciliation of trades
- General support to the Chief Investment Officer including special projects and logistics including meeting planning/prep and scheduling
- Work with the team to maintain Investment Department Intranet that includes critical client service communications and private investment fund reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- Experience in the banking or financial industry preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adapt to changing priorities as the organization grows
Description of PositionHomrich Berg ("HB") is a leading fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm located in Atlanta, GA. Established in 1989, HB’s employees provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management services primarily to high net worth individuals. Dates of internship: May 13, 2019 to August 2, 2019
Client Service InternThis position will assist Financial Planners in accomplishing the overall goal of serving our clients. Duties:
- Create/update financial statements, projections, and investment allocation charts.
- Research projects and various administrative duties
Investments InternThis position will assist the Investments department in accomplishing their overall goal of serving the company’s investment needs. Duties:
- Update internal performance reports used for department and investment committee meetings.
- Assist the investment department with due diligence and operational due diligence, monitoring, etc. for public and private funds.
- Research projects and various administrative duties.
- Must be a rising senior or graduate student (those who are eligible for potential fulltime employment within a year of completion of internship).
- Must demonstrate a “team-first” attitude.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
Description of PositionHomrich Berg ("HB") is a leading fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm located in Atlanta, GA. Established in 1989, HB’s employees provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management services primarily to high net worth individuals. HB seeks a Financial Planner to:
- Assist Senior Client Advisors (Principals, Directors, Senior Associates) with preparation of custom financial plans including net worth statements, wealth forecasts, estate plan reviews, tax planning & projections, insurance reviews, retirement analyses, education projections, etc.
- Support Senior Client Advisors in financial planning and investment research projects.
- Coordinate planning implementation with clients and advisors in a supporting role.
- Actively participate in firm wide initiatives.
- Four-year college degree, Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- CFP and/or CPA licensee or candidate is desired
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Intermediate level of understanding of traditional investment vehicles (e.g., stocks, bonds, mutual funds) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with the following software: eMoney, iRebal, Junxure, BNA is preferred.